Faye are beings with innate preternatural abilities due to a variety of internal chemical process that run on/produce magical energy called biomagical functions. They are also capable of performing ordered spell-craft type magic. Faye are often a type of humanoid in body plan and possesses the following traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature's entry).
- Etheric Aura: Biomagical functions radiate an aura of etheric energy. Because of this, Faye can willfully induce a touch that lets them interact with both physical and etheric matter.
- Negligible senescence: Faye lack measurable symptoms of aging. They do not have reduction in functional or reproductive capabilities past maturity. For some the rate of mortality doesn't increase past old age either, meaning that most can live for centuries.
- Regeneration Factor: Faye can passively regenerate wounds in a short time via biomagical reactions speeding up the process. The extent of this regeneration can prevent the development of scar tissue and even regrow entire limbs within a few minutes however these actions do not set any broken bones on its own. In addition, this innate trait is significantly slowed in low/anti-magic areas or when the subject is increasingly exhausted.
- Arcane Magic: All faye are capable of performing ordered spellcraft as well as have innate magic qualities unique to their kind called preternatural abilities. This includes those with at least 1/16 faye ancestry.
- Preternatural Abilities: Faye bodies can metabolize and often generate magical forms of biological molecules and energy. This internal magic production allows for them to perform biological actions that may bend physical laws. Some are intentionally used, most others are passively ingrained into the species.
- Faye have to breathe, eat, excrete and sleep.