Natural creatures are corporeal creatures which occur via natural selection. This includes such creatures as deer but also larger or more powerful creatures like dire wolves or dinosaurs. Although natural creatures have the potential to use raw sorcery, only sufficiently sentient natural humanoids can properly develop this type of magic.
All natural cratures require metabolic functions such as needing to breathe, eat, excrete wastes (typically through urination and defecation) and sleep. Also they can live and die of natural causes, with the exception of undead, who are already dead and therefore can neither die nor live, do not breathe, do not sleep, and in most cases do not eat.
An animal is a natural, living, non-sapient creature, usually with no magical abilities and no innate capacity for language or culture. Besides ordinary fish, birds, reptiles and mammals, the animal type is also applied to depictions of dinosaurs, prehistoric animals, and "dire" or specially modified, often larger and scarier, versions of real world animals. An animal has the following features (unless otherwise noted).
- Animals have species specific traits such as locomotion, defense mechanisms, etc.
- Animals are always neutral and immune to morale effects.
- Certain species are resistant/immune to particular poisons.
- Animals breathe, eat, excrete and sleep.
This type comprises creatures composed of plant cells (possess chloroplasts, cellulose cell wall) as well as regular plants, such as one finds growing in gardens and fields. A plant creature possesses the following traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature's entry). *
- Immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, morale effects, patterns, and phantasms).
- Immunity to paralysis, poison, polymorph, sleep effects, and stunning.
- Photoautotrophs that need sunlight, water and carbon dioxide to make its own food.Plants "breathe" carbon dioxide, expire oxygen and (carnivorous ones) eat, but do not sleep.
A humanoid body plan has one head, a human-like torso, two arms, and two legs used to support the body and consistently run/walk bipedally as the main form of movement. Natural Humanoids lack biomagical functions, but are sapient, most can speak and usually have well-developed societies. A humanoid possesses the following traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature's entry).
- Natural Magic: Natural Humanoids (non-faye, etc.) are capable of performing raw sorcery skills with mana plasma. This includes those with at least 1/16 natural humanoid ancestry.
- Possess opposable appendages such as thumbs for articulate manipulation.
- Possess forward facing usually binocular vision (having two eyes).
- Possess biomechanic bipedalism - the ability to walk in an upright position.
- Humanoids have sufficient hand eye coordination to throw an object and strike another object with it.
- Humanoids have a well developed brain capable of complex reasoning and rational thought.
- Humanoids generally experience pleasure during coitus.
- Humanoids (natural or faye) share the ABO and RhD blood types.
- Humanoids breathe, eat, excrete and sleep.