His most common and natural form is that of a young man with black hair with thin mustache and beard. His skin is an olive brown color. He almost always has prehensile homin feet but will switch to typical humanoid feet when taking long walks and hikes. The majority of the time he will stick with a tail and two arms but he can grow four it he needs to multi-task. Suleiman usually wears baggy beige pantaloons and his multicolored striped overcoat sown together by his mother.
His mother is a Si'lat Djinni and his father is a Homin of the tropic cline. They met when his mother and older sister escaped from persecution from their home country of Jinnistan. She met his father who was one of the few males left in their band that was recently isolated due to a violent disagreement that caused them to separate from the larger group. Eventually they found the village of Erisija and formed a loving relationship, leaving Suleiman to become the first of their three children.
As he grew up in his father's Erisija village, interacting with the homin children and learning about his jinn abilities and culture from his mother and his sister. He also has his baby brother as a playmate during his older years until his mother decided to send him to the Jinnistan university for higher learning beyond his neighborhood.
At college his learned new principles of nature and magic, coming back between breaks to meet his young sister. After his graduation, his was invited to join Jinnistan's Committee of Natural Sciences and Technology but ran away from it and djinn society as he became disillusioned about their policies with other species. Not long after, he happened across an ancient Caravan train in an abandoned ruin that he soon decided to travel the world in.
One of the driving forces of Suleiman is seeking to understand everything, and his a strong lust for knowledge and appreciation of beauty as natural 'outlook' traits rather than learned behavior (that is he is driven by a deep internal sense of personal wonderment). He also has a strong sense of right and wrong, becoming deeply upset if things are 'wrong' according to his own sense of rightness. This often leads to him becoming argumentative, though in a calm (or distressed, if met with aggression) analytical way based on reasoning rather than aggression and intimidation, seeking to convince people rather than merely having them submit. He is also very tenacious and can't merely let things go, because he usually is so deeply moved and concerned by things; the things he can argue about mean a lot to him, generally speaking.
- Scheherazade Aysehafsa- His Si'lat Djinn mother who gave birth to him in Erisija village. Originally a biological anthropologist who studied tribes of homins she stayed with this one permanently to avoid her abusive ex-husband. She was the one who showed Suleiman and her following children their jinn abilities, culture, his religion, as well as admitting him to Jinnistan University.
- Somchai- Suleiman's father who is a Tropic Homin from the Zomia Tropics. He was made one of his band's adults at the age of 12 due to a low number of men after being separated from their larger tribe. After finding the Jiniri, Scheherazade, he intrigued her long enough to stay with their band in order to find a proper settlement. During the search, the two became intimately closer and despite initial warnings and protest, they fell in love.
- Fakiha Aysehafsa- His older Si'lat Djinn sister from his mother's previous marriage with a si'lat djinn and the eldest of her siblings. Suleiman would often look to her to learn innate jinn abilities that their mother might have forgotten or didn't want him to abuse around the homin children. She left the village to become a popular singer referring to progressive and social issues but often visits during tours.
- Ismail Aysehafsa- Suleiman's younger brother who was his major playmate during their youth in the village.
- Huda Aysehafsa- The youngest of the siblings. She was barely a toddler when Suleiman left his village to attend higher education in the Jinn run cities. Now as a child, he rekindles their relationship by teaching her things about his travels at home.
- Kanya Srisati- Jungle Homin that Suleiman marries when he returns to Erisija Village. He is very protective of her during their early years of marriage but overtime her comes to trust her judgment more often. He also is very fond of sharing things that he seen outside of the Zomia Tropics as well as explaining the everyday natural science applications that he feels go unnoticed by her. As such, he is very fond of traveling with her to new places to see her reactions. Generally he worries about how about how to make his explanations and small lectures interesting so he greatly appreciates her encouragement and feedback.
Abilities and Powers Edit
Suleiman's homin nature and upbringing gives him the following:
- Arboreal Locomotion- Living most of his childhood in the trees, he is an expert in moving through them quickly and efficiently.
- Raw Sorcery- Instead of giving intent to channeled mana to manipulate the environment, Suleiman can directly use the energy as mana plasma for various uses like a projectile, defense, mimic substances, affect active spells, etc.
Suleiman's jinn nature grants him the following abilities:
- Shape Changing: Suleiman is an innate polymorph who can stretch, deform, expand, or compress his entire body or parts thereof, extending to his clothes, into any contiguous shape he can imagine for a variety of uses.
- Elongation: Suleiman can extend his limbs, torso, or neck to great distances.
- Size Alteration: Suleiman possesses the power to increase and decrease his size. His physical strength also grows in proportion to his current size.
- Accelerated Healing: He can also regenerate his body at the cellular level, allowing him to survive most forms of damage to his limbs and lower torso although it may weaken or outright fail with a constant need in a short amount of time. Also unlike full Djinn, he has vital organs, damage to which will require him to go into healing coma which could leave him venerable.
- Superhuman Strength/Speed: Suleiman can control the electrical impulses to his muscles, giving him more motor neuron commitment for specific tasks and exceptional strength or speed.
- Spectral Sight: The ability to visually see the spectrum of ethereal objects and energies.
- Ethereal Matter Form: Half-Djinn have the ability to convert their corporeal body into charged ectoplasm, rendering them invisible and intangible to normal matter and able touch to spectral objects. For most of his early life, Suleiman had a hard time controlling it, he was only able to have his hands become immaterial or match his vision to see it. Once all his chakra were awakened, he can do this more easily.
- Flight: He can use electromagnetic levitation to fly at great speeds
- Possession: In etheric form, he can enter a corporeal body, reading or influencing its thoughts or attempt to take control. Whether Suleiman succeeds is dependent on if his willpower is stronger than his host. He doesn't use this ability much since he has his own physical body and he also sees possession as an invasion of personal privacy.
- Ordered Spellcraft: Suleiman can induce his intent/give an order to collected mana and have it react to the world and produce a wide range of phenomena in the form of a spell.
- Duvet: a pillow enchanted by residual magic, allowing to float and carry it's owner. Given to him by his mother as a child.
- Valdo: an ancient vehicle consisting of four caravans linked together. Each of the wagon is large enough to serve as its own living space, with the first one holding the control console. Together the caravans operate like a train and collectively move along. Suleiman discovered it in an abandoned Lunarian ruin of the Central rainforest. Despite its rustic outward appearance and 19th century amenities, the technology making it up is very advanced as the bottom allows it act as a hovercraft and float above terrain.
- Shifter Clothing: His trademark outfit is a commonly made magical cloth that responsive to certain energized matter around them. As such it acts as an extension of the user's skin and shape-shifts with him when he's wearing it.
This character's name was referenced from an alternative spelling of Solomon. As such many of his family members also have names related to people Solomon interacted with. He is also draws inspiration from Suleiman the Magnificent, a Sultan during the Ottoman Empire's Golden Age.